Sunday, October 29, 2006

Snicker Snack


So I have to admit when I read this poem I'm just didn't know what to think. I don't recall having read it in school. Then I googled it and thought - this is stupid - the only thing that remotely made sense to me was a "snicker snack"
Not at all in the sense of the poem but more for chocolate, caramel and peanuts. So I grabbed my chocolate fabric - pintucks in caramel thread - and peanut beads. I'm done - but not technically - I may just reuse the background for something else - I'm not sure what to do with the piece.

Lisa - In Rainy Seattle

4 comments:

Tina Marie Rey said...

This is a super way to interpret the challenge. There is good balance, and I like the way you incorporated different values and hues of the "chocolate" and "caramel". You know, this could also mean to represent the trees and the forest the jobberwocky lives in - the bark on the trees, ver well done.

Wendy said...

Lisa... what a great view of the challenge! It made me want to go get a Snickers bar! The color treatment is great, the beads really make it! And if you are still debating as to what to do with it.... save it for next month and build on it!

laura west kong said...

Nice range of values, just enough. I'm usually all for eye-popping contrast from darkest darks to lightest lights, but there are also times like this when a little less contrast is perfect. Great job!

It's lovely just as it is with a nice wide border and narrow bindings added. You could really have fun with the quilting on this one.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Lisa, This is a unique piece..love the striation effect of the fabrics, tucks and piecing...lots of texture there. It's great study and would make an effective background for something...it's a bit reminiscent of tree trunks or buildings to me.
Cynthia