This blog was created to give the group members a chance to show their challenge pieces and to receive *constructive* critiques.
If you are a member of this blog:
- Post 2 or more photos of your quilt. One full view and one close up is preferred, but feel free to post as many photos as you need.
- Write an artist statement: tell us about your quilt, your inspiration, your favorite parts of making it, your struggles, about the materials and techniques you used.
- Include the size of the finished piece, the artist name, the link to your site, and anything else you would like to add.
- Ask questions of your fellow quilters if you have any. If you want to know if they like the green you used or if the beading is effective, ask the question.
- When you post a quilt, you have the option of having the critiques posted in the comment section or emailed directly to you. Click the "Post and Comment Options" tab at the bottom of the compose screen. There you can disable comments. At that point you would need to create a hyperlink with your email address. If you need help, just email me. Be aware that some people may be rude and spam you, falsely writing negative comments about your quilt. It is up to you to decide which option is best for you.
- All comments to this blog are moderated! So if someone writes very negative things about your quilt or in any other way spams this blog, no one will see them.
If you are a member of FFFC group and would like to be a member of this blog, please email Julie and I will send you the invite.
If you are here to critique:
- Please leave your critique in the comment section (though some entries may prefer you to email them directly).
- Write the critique with the intention of helping a fellow artist improve his or her work.
- Do not be rude or in anyway spam this blog.
- All comments are moderated, so the quilters will never see nasty critiques.
- Read the "how to" suggestions in the right hand column. Those should help you offer a constructive critique if you have never written one before.
- And please join our group, FFFC! If you would like to try art quilting we would love to have you!