Sunday, April 01, 2007

Coffee Dreams


I love coffee. So when this came about I knew I wanted to use coffee filters, which are becoming popular in materials. As I posted, I had no idea what to do, but sitting today, listening to my music, I just got moving with it. They are 4 coffee filters, pressed and folded into quarters. I machine quilted them down on black cotton, then used dark red silk to the sides. I zig zagged the edge of the whole quilt with a great black/red/gold yarn I have. Would love comments.

5 comments:

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Tina, this piece brings to mind lotus blossoms. The stark white against the black and the red graceful curved lines make a striking piece.
Cynthia

Linda Cline said...

I immediately thought of white morning glory flowers. I like how you've added organic lines to the geometric shapes.

brendaj said...

Hi Tina,
I really like the simplicity of this piece. I especially like the "globs" of red thread at the points.
Brenda

Cherie in Del Mar said...

It's so interesting how everyone sees such different things in a piece. To me, your piece looks like a sand dollar...go figure! I love the simplicity.

Cherie

Jan said...

'Simply' great! Colors mesh and make a striking piece.

Jan