Monday, April 16, 2007

Orange Blossom Special




I'm calling this a finish!
Here are 3 postcards that I created using the original background piece. I decided to cut it up, & make 3 parts... thinking that at least 1 of them would work. The middle card is actually the 1st one I worked on, but when I finished the top & the bottom photo, It wanted to be in the center...too bad I don't have any photo collage skills, but then I'd have to re-name this to "Blue Highways".
They all measure 4x6, & are made from batik scraps. One is discharged, & the flowers are outlined in variegated emb. floss (6 strands) The scrappy strips of blue,orange,purple, & the floral, are raw edge appliqued. The flowers are buttons, & the glass bead in the middle pic is also variegated, & kinda looks like a bean...
One of the cards will be entered in my postcard group's lotto drawing, (wish me luck), another will be traded with a mixed media cardmaker, (so I can learn something new), & another will be sold to benefit the RAK fund on another group of traditonal quilters.
I'm finding that I should continue to do my challenges in this size, as I have more opportunities to share, learn, & benefit others, instead of my work sitting in a drawer, all but forgotten.
As always, comments are not only welcome, but appreciated.

1 comment:

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Sonja, I absolutely love the colors you used and the delicate and graphic contrast. Good job!
Cynthia