Sunday, April 29, 2007

Swirling Thoughts



Here's my design project piece. I used a photo of an overstuffed chair surrounded by pots of flowers and plants in a family room. Lots of shapes to choose from. I mainly used the swirl shape on the chair arm and triangluar shapes from the back of the chair and the pots. It turned out a bit more whimsical than I usually do...I guess it's the inner child coming out. It was fun and quick, all fused applique and binding, an extra layer of batting trapunto style behind the chair to make it overstuffed, zigzag stitched around the applique, and quilting in a flower, leaf and paisley pattern.

2 comments:

Betty Donahue said...

These quilts are so fun and so easy.
I really like all your different shapes.
Betty Donahue

brendaj said...

Hi Cynthia,
Great job as always;
I really love the "cartoony" style.

Brenda