Sunday, May 27, 2007

Second Chance



Julie--You must have been reading my mind. I liquified pictures of some wall hangings months ago and every time I ran across them I thought "I have to do something with these". This challenge gave me the incentive to do more than just think about it.

I printed my liquified basket four times, sewed them together, stippled, doodled, and thread painted.

My fabric is very boring. I wanted something light to do my printing on. I tried a print and it was awful.

Betty Donahue

3 comments:

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Betty, What does it mean to "liquify" a picture? I've never heard of this before. Did you print the mirrored images with your printer?...or gel print?...or how?

I love the colors and would love to see some embellishing with beads or metalic threads etc.

Very pretty...Cherie

Betty Donahue said...

Hi Cherie-
I just realized I never answered your second question. I did print mirror images.
Betty

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Betty, aren't you creative! I didn't think about using the photoshop filters to modify images for printing on fabric. You really achieved some interesting shapes and forms, almost looks like a family crest. What would it look like to add something to break up the symmetry just a bit? Something like a fuschia circle in the top middle or a beaded motif there below the blue strip?
Glad you had fun!
Cynthia