Saturday, August 04, 2007

Klimt Tree of Life 19.5"x22.5"


Well, I'm a little late, but close this time!

I chose to create a Klimt-style tree of life. It is fused from a heavily metallic gold on orange commercial fabric over a leafy green print and a brown paisley print with lots of gold metallic accents. I think that is why I can't seem to get a decent picture of it. I will try to get a better shot when I can.

I quilted this with gold silk thread. I wanted the quilting to be subtle; unfortunately the quilting doesn't show up very well at all, so it was a bit too subtle. I may add some gold beads to the background area to add some more interest. A la Klimt, you can never have too much bling, right?

This was a lot of fun except for cutting out the spirals (aaghh).

Brenda Jennings

3 comments:

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Brenda, so glad someone did Klimt...I love his work...it's so decorative and interesting. This is a lovely piece and it captures the Klimt style so well with the spirals, triangles and swirling feel of movement. I love the fabric choices with all the wonderful patterns. Great job...I won't change a thing, it's perfecto!
Cynthia

Linda Cline said...

Your tree is beautiful. You might consider adding more shapes to the tree tree that vary in both size and color. I don't think your background quiltings isn't too subtle. If it showed too much it could distract from the tree. Beads could be great on this quilt.

CalicoDaydreams said...

I love this quilt!

Your tree is beautiful and the colors are very Klimt-like.

Wonderful work!