Thursday, October 25, 2007

Challenge 13- My Dream House


Only about a month late with this one. I finally got my head together enough to get "My Dream House" mostly done. I still need to trim and bind it, and maybe add some beading? Not sure what else might happen, but here it is. I used a photo of an old house near where I live as inspiration. Definitely not what I live in now.

Now that it is this far, it could almost fit for the present challenge, but I do plan to do a new one for that.
Any critiques, ideas, etc. welcome.




Here is a detail shot. For a post on my blog showing more process photos, and the original inspiration photo, click here.

The past 2 months have been a "real" challenge for me, so having the FFFC gives me a reason to get off my butt, and do something productive.

3 comments:

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Hi Sue...

This was definitely better late than never! I adore your English Garden Cottage! You have made it so inviting and cozy looking...I want to live there!

Your perspective is super...draws you right in...Good job!

Cherie

LisaK said...

Sue, I love this! I especially like the way you did your windows. It looks like I could walk right down that path and look at all the beautiful gardens.

Lisa K

Linda Cline said...

You have done a beautiful job with this Sue.

You have great contrast in the garden. Don't be afraid to use contrast on the house too. Look again at the shadows in your inspiration photo. The shadows and windows are almost black.

You might consider widening the path at the bottom edge of the quilt. The left edge of the path seems cut off by the center iris. I would expect the edge of the path to begin an inch or two closer to the tree.