Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Office



Since my original idea didn't work out, I started over and finally have finished with The Office, a view of the back of the black glass and pebbly concrete building where I work. Those windows were interesting to create - I used a navy blue lining fabric for an undertone of the reflected sky, and covered that, as well as the building reflection, with a black organza. It's all pieced, with no fusibles or raw edges anywhere. Yes, the sky really was that blue on the day I took my picture. I machine quilted the building and the glass panes. When I was done, I realized that the quilting on the back of my work was a mirror image of the front, like a line drawing of the same view. That's why there are 2 pictures of mine this month. Any comments would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Marilyn,
I really like the perspective you achieved...it feels like you're really looking up at a BIG building from the sidewalk. The pebbly look of the building is successful, too. One suggestion: consider quilting the heck out of (ie densely) the sky background...it would put the sky behind the building and make the building pop out more.

Glad you made it to this challenge...congrats on a good piece of work!
Cynthia