Saturday, January 05, 2008
When the challenge initially came out I didn't know what I wanted to do, so I started working on another project that was basically a sketch I had drawn up a while ago.
Well, as luck would have it, I started cutting out firey looking batiks anyway, and "Tribal Fires" was the result. It reminds me of the cartoon smoke signals rising from the fires. This one is obviously not quilted yet and, like some of my earlier challenges, ended up pretty large, will probably finish about 25"x50'. I will post a pic of the finished quilt when done (hopefully soon!).
Batiks, fused and machine appliqued. I would welcome any comments and/or suggestions on quilting. Thanks!