Tuesday, May 27, 2008
This original piece was constructed some years ago. It was actually always meant to be part of a pictorial quilt - it was supposed to be a "quilt within a quilt". It is a little hard to explain but the reality was that once finished I realized the scale was too small for what I was trying to do so I started over. I had put so much time into creating this little miniature that I couldn't throw it out even though, knowing it was to be part of a bigger picture, I had not put the attention to detail in it that would allow it to stand on its own. So it languished in the pile of "almost made it" quilts in the sewing room for the last 7 years or so. Then along came Linda with her deconstruction challenge and I decided it was finally time to do something with it. The lupins are blooming in the West right now and the colors were perfect so I chopped up the original and added some flowers. I am pleased with the results and happy that I now have a finished piece instead of an "also ran"! Let me know what you think!