Saturday, August 09, 2008

Completed Sea Glass Quilts

Sea Glass I & II
9 x 12½
I decided on white thread for the Sea Glass quilts, and then couldn’t do any quilting when I realized I was out of white thread. After I finally got out shopping and came home with white thread, I changed my mind and outlined each piece loosely with variegated light blue which I already had.

The background is densely quilted in white. I added a heavy interfacing behind the batting to prevent puckers in the “glass” area. The interfacing seems to have done it’s job, and was not difficult to machine quilt through.

7 comments:

Monty Wilson said...

I LOVE the way you quilted these, especially the white one. I want to be you when I grow up! I see bubbles, little eddies, and gorgeous glass in this piece. Great choices!

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Linda, these are so beautiful! The quilting in white was the perfect choice! How I wish I could free motion quilt like you :-)Cherie

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!

Carole said...

Excellent choice, I especially like the white one..
Well done Linda and thank you for sharing, so often we don't see the finished pieces!

Unknown said...

these are fabulous Linda! I love the quilting in the white one, but love the other one best :-)

Karen Markley said...

It looks like real glass. I have always been drawn to sea glass - I was in Newport, OR last week and purchased a sea glass plate for a friend. I love the way you quilted them. Especially the white one. You need a third one so you can hang them all together! Well done.

Cay Denise said...

Hi Linda,

Your quilting is lovely in both pieces, and there is a totally different feel fro one to the other.

The top piece has a sense of the colored pieces being in liquid and/or in the midst of something moving. The bottom piece has the appearance of a mosaic tile with the stitching being the 'grout'.

Nice job on both of these!

Cay Denise