Friday, October 10, 2008

Challenge #25: Circle Series WIP

I'm a new kid on this block - and this is my work in progress for Challenge #25. I decided on a series theme of circles - since it has been n important symbol throughout my life. I disliked the first thin I made however - so I started again. This was a mono print that was then discharged and over painted. I am doing the surface in hand embroidery - some of which you can see in the photo here. The embroidery will take some time - so I will be late if getting the final touches on this piece. I am thoroughly enjoying learning about the tremendous talent in this group! Thanks for taking on some new kids !
Marie Johansen
http://zquilts.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Linda Cline said...

Your quilt has a wonderful layered look, and the embroidery is really enhancing it. I hope you will give us an update when it is done.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Marie, welcome to the group! This piece is gorgeous! The vibrancy of the colors is wonderful...so rich and interesting. Your threadwork to enhance some of the lines and shapes will add definition and interest, too. The only comment I have is: would you consider cropping it so the main circle isn't so centered? About 20% off the left side?
Great job, Marie...can't wait to see more of your work.
Cynthia

Roberta Ranney said...

HI Marie - I really like what you've got going here. I think your use of hand-stitching is going to give this a great organic look. The colors work together well too. I hope you will post the piece when it is finished and mention it on the yahoo group so we know to look for it. Glad you've joined us!

Betty Warner said...

I love your fabric. Can't wait to see the results of your stitching. Am curious about the size.

janice pd said...

this looks like the start of something wonderful. can't wait to see the finished piece.

Carole said...

This is the start of something very good.... very intriguing, it keeps me coming back.
Sorry I am so late commenting, how is it coming?
I do hope you will keep us 'posted' with the end result.
glad you are with the group.

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Every time I look at this piece it changes, and I see something entirely different...terrific! Can't wait to see how you finish it.
Cherie