Thursday, October 30, 2008

OUTSIDE MY BOX




Here is my RED Quilt for challenge 26..."Outside MyBox". My series is "Shapes". I really love working with monochromatic themes. (Some of you may remember challenge #6 :)) This quilt was a real toughie for me. Iused light pink satin; raspberry red silk shantung; burgundy suedecloth; and a very dark red (almost black) sparkle organza fused over black satin. The top left 'rays' corner is paper pieced and the rest is all separate pieces (120 of them) fused and then double satin stitched.


I have yet to block and face it to be finished.


It measures 22"x29"


GREAT challenge Anna!


I would love any and all comments:)


Cherie

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this Cherie, it draws your eyes right to the rays in the corner and the colors are terrific. I also like the way the boxes are short and fat at the bottom and stretched out near the top. Nice job :-)

Karen Newman Fridy said...

I love everything about it!! It reminds me a bit of Escher...my all time favorite artist. Very well done :-)

Valerie W. said...

I love the dramatic use of colour. Very effective.

anna k. said...

Cherie,
this is bold and dramatic! Vibrant!
Yet again you have produced a great response to the challenge.
All the edges look so straight, and the perspective is outstanding.
I admire your patience in cutting out all those rectangles.
How did you manage to make it all look so perfect?

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Cherie, Vibrant is the word for this piece. You have really portrayed the challenge with the gourgeous reds and perspective...WOW!

Kathy Angel Lee said...

WOW! What a piece! This one really draws you in. It would be a show stopper for sure at any show.
Kathy

janice pd said...

Great piece! Thanks for sharing how you constucted this.

Ann In Fallbrook, CA said...

Wow Cherie - this is a great quilt! The fabrics you have used are ones that would scare me away. It looks like you put a lot of thought into the planning of your quilt.

Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Cherie - You've done an outstanding job with use of one color family and with perspective. It is so well planned and put together. The time and effort you put into it really paid off. Congratulations on a super work.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Cheri, I like how you finished the edges on the final version, fits the piece very nicely. Love the bold graphics with all the planes and surfaces and the high contrast. Everything works together to achieve the perspective...from the coloration, changes in the shapes, angles and directions of lines, shading and quilting lines...great job!
Cynthia