Monday, February 16, 2009

Echeveria Forest

I have finally finished this small succulent quilt that I have been working on. It is about 8" x 10". I don’t want to name it Succulent V, because it doesn’t seem to be part of the same series as the other succulents. I have given it a working title of “Echeveria Forest”, but don’t know if the name fits. Any better suggestions for names? I have satin finished the edges instead of using a facing or a binding. If I hang it, I think I will mount it behind a mat.

4 comments:

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Linda, this is beautiful, rich, vibrant and full of texture. How about naming it Succulent Forest?
Cynthia

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Might be late, but it is well worth it Linda. I find the bit of blue draws my eyes around the compostion, and the shades or 'orange' are so interesting.
Movement? there is movement in the petals and the foliage in the background.
Great job.

Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Linda - This is another outstanding piece in this series. I like that you have used a complementary color to the shades of green in your earlier pieces. I particularly like the blanket stitch you have added around the various elements. When I first saw this I thought you had beaded around all the pieces. The lighter color of thread you have used on the somewhat diagonal stem that starts at center bottom and angles up really draws my eye.

I'm glad you finished this and shared it with us. Lovely.

Carole said...

Linda, this is great!! Your colors
and shading and the stitches really give it a 'feel'.... speaking of same, doesn't the hand-stitching give it a lovely drape?
I am so glad you got it done and posted. As far as a name, I like the one you gave it.
Carole