Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fish Gotta Swim

I seem to always be in such a hurry. I spend too much time thinking about the challenges and not enough time really working at them. I wanted to show the fish moving through the water from near to far and moving in one school. Let me know what you think. I do always forget how to do these posts and then look for comments.

I really like alot of what you all have been doing. I need to contribute more but really have been busy with Quilts of Valor and community quilts plus visiting family. Sigh. I need some time to clean my chaotic studio.

Carol Tackett

7 comments:

Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Carol - You've got great movement going with this and the color transitions are just right to me. The fish appear to be weaving in and out of seaweed. The changing size and color of the fish as they swim away adds depth along with motion. Super job.

Jan said...

I love it! My eyes move up and down with the fish as I follow them back into the distance. Great color, motion, and depth!

Cay Denise said...

Hi Carol...

I think you've achieved what you set out to do. If that fabric background is actually dark (middle/bottom), it is perfect! It adds the kind of dimensionality that also suggests the fish shapes are moving over it and then down. Great job!

Joni said...

Hi Carol,
This is a wonderful underwater scene. Your school of fish really show movement and I love the way the background hints at a play of light in the water. Very nice.

janice pd said...

Hi Carol. I like your piece. At first glance I saw a swishing fish tail moving through the water. After reading I realized it was a school of fish, not scales of a large tail. Either way, nice movement piece.

anna k. said...

Carol,
i do like the way that you have portrayed the school of fish; it's immediately what i thought of when i saw your quilt.
Great choice of fabric
Anna

Kathy Angel Lee said...

I love the movement in this piece - you just want to follow the fish. Nice use of color also.
Kathy