Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shattered Past/A New Beginning " Second post"


My analogous colors were of the yellow, orange, green group. And the movement I guess is obvious.. sorry I didn't post this originally.. my original post is below. I guess I got a bit too personal. Next time I won't be so emotional.

I didn't think I would have the time to do this challenge. I was going through some problems with my mom's health, my brother went into alcohol rehab for a month right after this challenge was announced. I felt as though my brain was going to burst. I layed in bed feeling sorry for myself when I decided to jump up and take on this challenge. I wanted to show how I felt.. Everything inside me was exploding out and shattering. I decided to dedicate this quilt to my brother. He has had a hard life. His addiction has just consumed him. But, with the help from his rehab, counselors, friends, family and God I am sure he will be starting a New Beginning. Sorry this is so late.. Better late than never I guess... Laura Krasinski

3 comments:

Carole said...

Thank you for sharing.... and pouring out your soul like this Laura. That, too, takes courage! Which obviously you have.
I didn't even look to see or comment on any of the Challenge aspects, but your feelings are so expressed. Isn't our 'expression' through art a godsend in times like this???
My personal thoughts are with you and your family, and definitely the best with your brother.
Carole

Jan said...

The colors are perfect for the story you related. Your brother's past may be shattered but the bright yellow shows hope for the future and the warmth of family at this difficult time for him and you.

Joni said...

Laura,
Your piece is a very expressive, full of release and of hope. I am so glad you were able to jump in and get involved with this challenge, it is encouraging to see how you squarely faced your feelings and expressed them so well. Each day is a new beginning in some way! Hugs, Joni