Wednesday, March 04, 2009

On The Garden Path Under the Moon #30 Rhoda



I finally finished. Have all the handstitching and quilting done, just have to sew down the binding.
Continuing in my 'women' theme, this gal is sweeping the garden path under the moonlight.
I made a huge mistake with the top colors ( should have had the lightest at the top), and it was partially sewn down when I realized it, so I put one of Carole's moons in and highlighted the light from the moon on the objects. ( I must have been in a T3 fog )

My split complimentary is yellow/green with red and blue/violet. I tried to use different hues of the colors. The S curve can be seen in the path and in the woman's form.
As always I look forward to your critique.

This was a wonderful challenge Carole, thank you so much.
I thoroughly enjoyed all the material provided for us to view, especially the S curve in the women's form.

Rhoda

9 comments:

Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Rhoda - I'm enjoying your women series. This one is charming. I think you did a good job of using both the color scheme and the S curves. My favorite bits are the matching shoes and tree - love that shade of green!

janice pd said...

Hi Rhoda, your series keeps getting better and better. I right clicked this to look at it close up and really like your hand stitching on this. You hit the challenge with the colors and the S-curve. Nice job!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Glad you like the shoes Roberta!

Carole said...

Rhoda, you are something else, doing all this with your surgery and all!. I love this piece, what a job! Nothing like a 'moonlight sweep' is there? haha.
These gals just get better!
The S-curve and the colors are really effective.
Well done!
Carole

Joni said...

Hi Rhoda,
I am becoming quite attached to your wonderful women in this series. They all look so pleasant, like they would be nice people to know. This one looks to be extra nice, working late into the night sweeping a path for the town. She looks quite happy with her task, (I think she is dancing). Great job on the colors and the S-curve.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Thanks Joni, perhaps she is meeting her sweetie, under the moon ?

Betty Warner said...

I too enjoy your series. This delightful lady could be dancing while she sweeps. The addition of the moon has achieved what you wanted it too. An interesting piece. Each time I look at it I see something new.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Rhoda, another spirited woman for us to enjoy...good job! She's a red hat lady with alot of spunk living in a fantastical place. It's very fun and interesting to look at...lots of fun texture and shapes.
Cynthia

Della said...

Wonderful use of pattern, stitch and texture.