Friday, July 03, 2009

untitled Ch #34 Rhoda


I choose the triadic color scheme red/yellow/blue and various hues of those colors. Continuing with my Women theme, I have a woman dancing, although I don't have a title. Her dress looks like bird feathers and I have swans in the window...any suggestions for a title would be welcomed.
I've used shiva for the swans in the window, and a lot of thread painting. She is quite textured from the thread painting and quilting, but it doesn't show on the picture. The cutouts in the top of the dress, I believe add some texture and she has a string of beads...so think I met the textural part of this challenge.
I look forward to your critique.

Thanks for the great challenge Cynthia.
I have a new Mega Quilter and tried it out on this project, fun!

10 comments:

Jan said...

Absolutely beautiful! Great texture and use of the muted shades of your triadic color scheme.
How about 'Swan Dance'?

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Yes, that would work. Thanks Jan.

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Oh Rhoda, she is gorgeous! This puts me in mind of Erte', (who I LOVE). An amazing quilt!

Cherie

Sandy said...

Rhoda, this is just glorious! I think she is dancing and dreaming of the theatre where she has just been watching the ballet with the man of her dreams.

All the work is so lovely. I think besides the texture you have mentioned, the wall has a very interesting texture itself. and the rug. These help to set the scene...and the lady off just right. I like how you did primaries so subtly.

Sandy in the UK

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Erte'...Cherie I googled and he has some fabulous women, a bit art noveaux style, love it!

Carole said...

OMG!! She is absolutely gorgeous!!
The quilting is fun/fabulous...
Such a good job, these ladies just get better and better.

Joni said...

Rhoda, your beautiful lady really gets one's romantic dreams going. One can't help but make up some fanciful tale about her. Your swans are very delicate and graceful, just as your lady in red is too. You not only meet the challenge, you give us a story too. This is so enjoyable.

Wendy said...

Fab-u-lous! She almost jumps off the quilt. I love the muted yellows in her skirt...

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Just when I think I have found my favorite in your woman series, you create another piece even better than the last! At fist glance I thought she was dancing in front of a waterfall that had swans flying in front of it, then saw it was a window. I have no critiques, just compliments!

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Rhoda, The dancer glows against that muted background...very effective to draw attention to her graceful arms. Love the vintage 20's feel to the piece. Great job
Cynthia