Monday, August 10, 2009

Ch 35 - Peacock

I had a hard time deciding what to do for radial symmetry until I saw a neighbor's peacock disappearing in the bushes alongside the road. This piece is 9 x 11 1/2 inches. The background is hand dyed fabric, and other fabrics are both hand painted and commercial. This peacock is bejewelled with sequins and beads,
as well as thread painting. The black outlines and feather stems are heavy black "Levi" thread. Thank you Wendy for this challenge. Linda Mac in WY

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Linda... very fun piece. I'm finding myself drawn especially to the quilts that show just a cropped view of the symmetry. Just so much more interesting! This guy has attitude! Good job!

Pam Harris said...

I, too, like the cropped view and your background fabric really adds texture. I agree with Wendy that it's a fun piece. Nice quilting and the Levi thread is very effective.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Very nice Linda, the colors are great. I think you did a good job of showing radial symmetry.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Linda...you've got a peacock in your neighborhood...how fun! this is vivid and striking...I really like it. Great job!
Cynthia

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors in it and the radial symmetry is very much in evidence. I was wondering if anyone was going to do a peacock! That was one idea that I had considered using myself :-)