Monday, September 14, 2009

Conception



Hi All. I am posting a work fitting challenge 36, transparency. I love to work with transparent silk organza. This piece experiments with a free layered collage. You can lift each layer to discover a new concept on each page. I'm not sure whether I will leave it as is or place it on stretcher bars- which will mean it will be fixed in place.
What do you think?

Conception    Transparent multi- layered collage. Dyed, painted, mono print, script, sewn. Silk organza and cotton .   15hx14w     

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

Love this, Wen.

janice pd said...

This one was right up your alley. Nice job!

Carole said...

This is interesting... in layers...
if you put it on stretcher bars.. as you say it becomes fixed. If you don't, how will you deal with it.. or maybe I should ask, are the 'leaves' opening up to the top or to the side?
I like it... and I am glad you did this.

Jan said...

Gorgeous!

Donna said...

I'd definitely leave it flowy and unattached. It would be cool if it could flutter uninhibited so the viewer could see all that is going on in your piece.
Beautiful,
Donna