Thursday, October 22, 2009

Challenge 37-Nebula






Challenge 37-Space has been designed in my head for weeks. Finally got time to get the work done and photos taken.


Hubble's photos have long been inspiration for me as a friend from high school was on the original Hubble design team, not to mention the fact that I'm a "Trekky" from way back.

My embellisher seemed the perfect tool to accomplish the task of building my own Nebula right in my studio. Quilting with metallic thread was new to me. Critiques welcomed.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Nice piece! Would you care to share a little more on what you used and how you did some of the areas?

"Rhojo" Baldwin said...

The background is polyester fleece with wool roving in blue, lavendar, magenta and white applied lightly in layers with a needlepunch embellisher. Pieces of polyester with glitter foil dots were punched under and on top of the roving.

Stitching was done with the sliver holographic thread and rayon threads.

fastfriday said...

I really like the whispyness of this. Gotta love the embellisher. The colors sing! Gail M.

Della said...

Great depth and color. Well done.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Rhojo, this is just beautiful...love the dark with the light whispy and the vivid fuschia. Dramatic!
Great job
Cynthia