Saturday, December 05, 2009

Challenge 39 - Pat F



Here is my piece, but I haven't a name for it. I used my 40year old memory of neurons as the basis for it, but enjoyed using every colour of Seta-Color fabric paint I own to hand paint the cell bodies. I then FMQ'd around the cells to accent them a bit. At that point I had thought to emphasize the green in the cell bodies with the beading, but found an iridescent black bead that worked much better. It's been along time since I completed one of these challenges. It's good to get back at it. Please forgive the poor photography. Comments are always welcome.

Pat F in Winnipeg
(fndlmous)

7 comments:

Kathy Lichtendahl said...

Pat,
I love the colors and shapes of your neurons! I think the beads and the quilting are excellent accents. Seeing the close-up photo makes me wonder what would happen if you took the shapes all the way off the edges of the quilt or at least reduced the amount of white around the outsides?

fastfriday said...

I love the shape and colors. They remind me of Ivy at Christmas. The beads deffinately add alot of interest.

Pat Havey

Joni said...

Pat, your neurons are indeed very colorful and seem even playful. It might be cool to add a little more quilting by extending the pointy ends of the neurons with quilting lines. Wonderful job!

LAQuilts said...

The colors are fantastic.

Cherie in Del Mar said...

It puts me in mind of Christmas as well. It is a wonderfully "happy" looking piece. I love it
Cherie

Carole said...

Reminds me of ivy... and Xmas candy. Love the effect the beads add.
Nice to see this one, Pat.

Graceful Spirit Fiber Arts said...

Great colors used in this piece, the brightness realy is complimated by keeping the background white.
Rita