Thursday, December 24, 2009

Blue Agate

At last, got to the microphotography.
Sometime back I did some design work based on images of Agates like this. So when the challenge came up, I thought the concept would work here.

This time I used a Blue Agate we have and worked it up as if there had been microphotography work done on it.

At first I layered torn tissue adhering the layers with acrylic wax. Then I fused it to silk organza with Misty Fuse and did the thread work. I touched it up with paint stick and then painted the rim of the agate slice using craft acrylic paints. The whole piece was then fused to white silk dupion and layered and quilted to blend it in on the edges and so on.

The piece is approx. 13" x 14".

1 comment:

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Oh Wow Sandy, this is gorgeous! I am a long time rockhounder so really appreciate this! So worth waiting to see it. Bravo :-)
Cherie