Saturday, May 22, 2010

Challenge 44 - Dandelion Dance

I have to admit this was so far outside my comfort zone I almost didn't do it - that and the fact we left for a two week vacation right after this posted. So thank you for making me challenge myself.

I took a photograph of my daughter blowing a dandelion. Granted it wasn't the best picture - she's in a sprinkler - ran some photoshop stuff to soften the edges - outlined some of the areas to define the picture. I think picked shades of red - because red is her favorite color. Did fusible applique - then french knot dandelion seeds.

Over all I'm happy with the results - this isn't a close up quilt and looks better from a far. I'm debating on binding or facing so would welcome any feed back on that.

Lisa
In Sunny then rainy Seattle.

1 comment:

FoulkeArt said...

This is a wonderful piece, and certainly not a predictable interpretation of the challenge. I love the fusing work, and the quilting is perfect! I also like the composition, with a large "negative" space to highlight the dandelion seeds.