Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Three Pears - Challenge 49

I am late with this I know, but at least I have it done before our next challenge comes out Friday. I am calling this Three Pears for obvious reasons. I used a photograph to draft the patterns for the pears staying relatively simple with my shapes. Some highlights and shadows were added with Shiva Paint Sticks. The background fabrics are batiks, the pears are commercial hand dyes. Quilting in the background is done by machine, but I used embroidery floss to large stitch quilt the pears. This was fun to do. I love working with high contrasts.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I love the color contrast between the pears and the background. The areas where you used the shiva paint sticks to soften the contrast on the pears are very effective. And, the lighter fabric on the left side of the table is subtle, but really works.
Veronica Von Zwehl