Thursday, October 21, 2010

'In The Spotlight' - Challenge 49


I am a little late in posting this challenge piece, but decided to upload it anyway. The photo is of a dahlia which I photographed and manipulated in Photoshop elements with some special lighting filters. When I was satisfied with the changes, I printed it onto white fabric treated with digital grounds. I placed it on the yellow background fabric, did some threadpainting, and then quilted it. I then added the black and white border around the dahlia. I was very happy with the finished product.

4 comments:

Cherie in Del Mar said...

This is beautiful Louise! The black and white addition really makes it pop. Nice work
Cherie

fastfriday said...

I love Dahlias and your is beautiful. The stripe around the flower pulls your eye in while still allowing it to trvel out. Very effective use of a stripe. You should be happy with it.

Pat Havey

Pam Harris said...

Very nice piece and good contrast. Your stitching is wonderful and I especially like the striped border.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Beautiful chiaroscuro...great job!
Cynthia