Sunday, January 09, 2011

Challenge 52 River

When I first read this challenge, I knew I wanted to do something because I love so much of this kind of art.  I immediately went to my sheers but didn't have enough of the colors I needed and so let the holiday activities take precedence for a while but I kept coming back to the idea that nature was a theme for many of the color field artists. So I started looking for colors among my hand-dyed fabrics and playing with shapes until a piece emerged that also fit in with a current theme in my work:  connections in nature.  I think my edges are too hard to fit into the color field category, but I decided to post this anyway.  It's about 21" x 29".


It is not quilted or faced yet.  Yesterday I finally had to accept that something is seriously wrong with my sewing machine and it will have to be repaired so this would be ridiculously late if I waited for its return.

Any comments will be appreciated.

1 comment:

Susan Ward said...

Knowing the name and the subject of the quilt - I think it is perfect. Kind of a lonely journey for all. Good job:)

Susan Ward
http://artquiltssusanpi.blogspot.com/