Saturday, January 01, 2011

Colors


I began to be very worried that, once again, I would not have time to complete the challenge I hosted. But here we go. This photograph does not represent the actual colors very well. It was interesting to work through this process - the study, the planning, the reality check about what you can actually accomplish in a week - both more and less than I thought. After many iterations of oh so wonderful plans, I decided to work with some handdyes I created in October. There are actually six fabrics from a two color gradation from fuschia to yellow with the addition of the high contrast black. I like the decisions I made about the placement of colors. I fear that it is a boring piece even though it is what I was after and I actually like it - the simplicity, the colors, the contrast.

Any comments or suggestions for improvement are very welcome.

8 comments:

Betty Warner said...

Thanks in advance for your comments, critique!

fastfriday said...

I like the simplicity of this quilt as well as the colors. It's a very pleasing combination of colors. The black does its job of enhancing the pink.

Joni said...

beautiful colors Betty. I like the simplicity of the lines and the quilting.

Unknown said...

This quilt flows very well and of course I appreciate the organic feel of it. It is very nice when something comes together!

Pam Harris said...

Great job in dyeing such a nice gradation. Soothing colors and a very cheery composition. Thanks for the great challenge. I know I certainly learned from it.

Carole said...

These are great colors Betty... and the simplicity is great! As you know, I cannot critique... but I am wondering what it would be like in a vertical orientation?
A great challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the challenge Betty. I enjoyed this. Your pinks are the deep, luscious shades of pink I love. They are truly the subject. Will you frame this? I am guessing this will really come to life for you when you have it hanging in a great spot.

Madalene Axford Murphy said...

This piece looks simple, but it rewards spending a little time looking at it. I like the change in texture with the solid stripe in the middle framed by the black and contrasting with the more or less textured fabric above and below. This was a great challenge, by the way.