Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Fast Friday Fabric Challene 52

What If? Do you ever wonder - are there other worlds - what are all the
stars we gaze upon, that hang in the sky and seem to stare down on us?
I wonder do they know us, who we are,what we do?


"Other Worlds 2" started with the wrong side of an upholsters scrap. I
painted the fabric with a faux metal and patina glaze. Using fabric
paints and pigmented acrylic ink I followed my vision toward a portion
of the universe. ( strictly using my imagination) Free motion
embroidery with the help of some copper fibers ( which I was able to melt) completed my challenge 52. Comments would be appreciated.
This was an excellent challenge . Working with the color fields while
attempting to create an abstract with depth and reason. TY Betty great choice for the challenge:)



Susan Ward
Quilting in Kentucky

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the look of this and I'm starting to think that adding paints to the fabrics adds so much more depth than the fabric alone can ever do. Your 'Other Worlds 2' is one that draws me in!

Susan Ward said...

Kathy - TY for your coments:) One thing about using matalic fibers is the light reflection - this looks really good in person. DIfferent light patterns:) However the photos loose a lot of debth, LOL or maybe it is the photographer Me!