Sunday, February 06, 2011

Floating in my Head - Concentration


This is my first finished piece since kne surgery three months ago. Narcotic addled brain sort of did this one. I am not a drawing artist so this abstract called to me. it reminds me of my brain cells trying to get it back together again. Concentration is the name of the game.

I cut strips wrong, ran out of fabric and many other strange little things came and went during this process. I am happy that I did it because I think my brain is beginning to focus again and I have two new knees to stand on.

Comments welcome
Carol Tackett
Sea Ranch, California
It is 23" x 23"

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh, my, Carol. This is fantastic. Those circles don't even look like their attached to the quilt. Amazing! And, the color combination is just perfect.

Cherie in Del Mar said...

Excellent example of Trompe L'oeil Carol! Looks like your "brain function" has sorted itself out for sure...LOL. I love it
Cherie

fastfriday said...

So interesting to view, Carol! Those circles are just suspended in space, great shadows too. Chris Predd

Susan B said...

Great 3-D effects. The circles really do not look to be attached. They are really floating. Kind of amazing, isn't it?

Jan said...

Carol, this is every bit as good as the realistic pieces! The floating circles just seem to draw you into the piece which seems like it could continue on deeper yet. Wonderful!

Wendy said...

I like the abstraction better than the "image" pieces.... great depth, color, and contrast. Glad the knee is coming along... that's a huge surgery!

Pat .F in Winnipeg said...

Well done! It's not easy to get shadows and source of light exactly right. Excellent interpretation of the theme.

Michele/TextileTraveler said...

Just the fact that I have to ask: "are these circles 3-D and raised off the quilt, or do they just look that way?" indicates that you did a great job with the challenge!

Marilyn Wall said...

I agree with all the above. Maybe that's the quick way out but I don't think I could add anything more.

FoulkeArt said...

You really succeedded in a three-dimensional look on this piece. Well - done on the shadows and the effective layered look.