Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Challenge 54, Seahorse

I choose a seahorse for this challenge because I am working on an under-the-sea project, and I can incorporate this applique piece into it. The size is 12 1/2 by 12 1/2 inches. It will be quilted at the time the finished piece is quilted.

The background and seaweed are hand dyed fabrics. The seahorse is from batiks colored with markers.  A sheer nylon film is over the top, to give an underwater look. The fins are made with Angelina fibers and catch the light.
Thank you Jancie for this fun challenge.  My first attempt at curvilinear perspective.

6 comments:

fastfriday said...

Linda, I can see those grasses waving in the water! Your background hand dye is perfect! Chris Predd

janice pd said...

Hi Linda, Thanks for participating in the challenge. I like that your curved lines on the seahorse give him dimension and the lines of the grasses. Great job!

Julia in NZ said...

Seahorses often hide in weed in the water, so this is perfect. Lovely watery effect.

Ann In Fallbrook, CA said...

You have done a good job with the seahorse. To my eye it has a mosaic look to it.

fastfriday said...

good job on the underwater effect. Love the colors of the seahorse. He certainly has perspective

Pat Havey

fastfriday said...

This yummy in the picture and even better in person. Marybeth