Sunday, March 27, 2011

Joy


Joy is 13 x 11 inches. It is fused so I guess that fusing is my most fun thing. I am in the middle of getting ready for our Guild's challenge. I finished my entries but now must curate the show with a friend.

I made Joy this morning rapidly so I would have something. I think it needs something else to show better movement so please comment. I need to learn.

I think I do better when I don't have anything in my head and just start ...

The dance figures are left over from one of my challenge pieces and I will post it after the opening of our show and I get back from two weeks in warm Arizona.

Comments really needed.

9 comments:

Susan B said...

This is super fun and shows great movement. I might just add some quilting lines to emphasize the movement.

Marilyn Wall said...

Just what I was going to say. I think the leaves could stand more quilting lines that follow the shape of the leaf,

Sharon Robinson said...

I love the dancers, I'd like to see what else you're doing with them. I think the others are right about adding some quilting lines.

fastfriday said...

Love the vivid colors.

Jan said...

A fun piece! Other than quilting lines for movement what about some thin ribbons flowing fro their hands?

Cherie in Del Mar said...

What a fun piece Carol. It puts me in mind of a surfig beach party...I can almost hear the Reggae, LOL
Cherie

Linda Mac said...

Good choice of bright, cheery colors for this piece. I agree with the others that some echo lines around the dancers would add more movement and "vibration".
This is a very happy piece and perfect to brighten up a gray spring morning. Thank you for participating.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Carol, very cool long legged dancers...I bet they could do the limbo at Cherie beach party.
Great job
Cynthia

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

I really like this Carol, the hair says it all...you can just feel the movement. It is a great piece, the colors are outstanding.