Friday, March 04, 2011

"Path Home" Fast Friday Fabric Challenge 54


Path Home
15" by 15"
I started with a sketch of the curved house and path. I added the trees and lots and lots of free motion embroidery. Cotton fabrics, embroidery thread, collected threads and oil based paint sticks to highlight the sun. I just worked this as I went along.
Janice, thank you for the Curvilinear Perspective:) This was a challenge for me, not sure if I got the whole perspective and depth, I think it sort of fits. I had fun learning this technique. Great idea!
Susan Ward aka Susanpi2
Imagination is the power of forming mental images of what is not present:) What a wonderful thing.
Quilting In Kentucky

http://artquiltssusanpi.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

fastfriday said...

Are you sure this isn't Red Riding Hoods grandmothers house? It is a wonderful love it.

Pat Havey

fastfriday said...

I really like the way that you have used thread to display the sun and the grasses.

Ticia Wicks

janice pd said...

Hi Susan, I love your little curvy house. It's so much fun to learn something new and I like that you used curves in the thread painting in the grasses, too. Could I suggest that the binding you used seems to overpower the piece? What would it look like with a facing? Also, the toile in the background of the photo is competing with your lovely quilt!

Susan Ward said...

TY Janice. I thought of leaving the binding off and an open edge. I am going to take your advise:) I will do better on my photo skills - I need to use my zoom. I appreciate your ideas thank you for your kind words.