Wednesday, March 02, 2011

prelude to sunset

I haven't bound this quilt yet but otherwise I think it is finished. I stacked three pieces of fabric, drew curved lines and stitched on them, then cut away the unwanted fabric from each layer - rather like a mola technique. When I finished it looked alot like abstract clouds. I echo quilted the sky leaving the clouds unquilted for depth, added roving and angelina to be felted on in spots and voila- a quilt Any and all suggestions are allways welcome and taken to heart.
Thank You

Pat Havey

5 comments:

janice pd said...

Hi Pat, thanks for participating! I see a rolling sea with white caps and large waves in your piece. Nice job using curved lines!

Linda Mac said...

Looks like a summer day.
Love the quilting on the sky, and your choice of colors.

Julia in NZ said...

Thanks for explaining your technique. Nice abstract composition with negative space doing a good job. It has a really happy feeling.

fastfriday said...

The curves and their placement lend a sense of movement. I agree that it feels happy.

Ticia Wicks

Betty Donahue said...

I like the sense of peacefulness that it portrays.
Betty