Friday, March 04, 2011

Profile



Curvilinear Perspective threw me for a loop; that is until I took a deep breath and really thought about it. In my mind I kept seeing this girl's face in profile, with a sixties-style hair-do. After a quick sketch, I pawed through my stash to find fabrics to create just the right mood. The hair is overlaid on black to give it depth. Yes, I know the wavy-cut binding edges are crooked, but I had to hurry to finish. While I was doing the binding, we sold our house!!

5 comments:

fastfriday said...

Hi Ann - The colors and patterns of the fabric shout 60s. Great idea to do the hair over black it really does give great depth. I love the interesting borders also. Very effective piece.

Pat Havey

fastfriday said...

I remember that hair! The curves and the overlay really do at depth and movement. Nice job!

Ticia Wicks

fastfriday said...

I sure knew people with that hairdo....the curves are perfect! Even the face fabric suggests features to me. Good job! Chris Predd

janice pd said...

I just love this. You met the challenge. There is real shape and dimension to this...and I love the wonky frog fabric too!

Jan said...

Thought I'd commented earlier! Duh...
The curves in the hair are great. Past and present hairdo. The black you've added in the hair bives depth to the piece. Like it...