Monday, March 14, 2011

Woven Earth



Still working small in order to finish; this one is about the size of a potholder (grin). I printed two pieces of non-woven polyester interfacing with transfer dyes - one black and one chartreuse. Then I cut them and wove them into the earth shape. The blanket stitch came next - without it the earth looked more like a green chicken ready to roast. I did some machine stitching in black trying to keep them parallel but I must have felt the beginnings of the movement of the plates in my sewing room ...

Anyway, I am pretty proud of my edge stitching. I cut the backing a smidge larger than the front and as I stitched the extra green rolled around and covered the batting. Just what I planned.

Looking forward to any comments you care to leave. Thanks for the challenge.