Friday, April 01, 2011

Spinning Pinwheels


Dance & Movement


For this challenge I used a tradition quilt pattern. I did not have a pattern only the picture, so this was a double challenge for me. The quilt is approximately 25-1/2" X 40-1/2". The picture doesn't do it justice. You have to squint your eyes a bit when you look at the picture, then you can see the spinning pinwheels. I have not quilted it yet and decided not to add any borders to the quilt. I am really enjoying doing these challenges. I've also decided that I will only use fabrics that I already have in my stash for these challenges. All comments welcome.

4 comments:

Ann In Fallbrook, CA said...

Wow, Deborah! I like that you have used a traditional pattern to portray movement. Your use of color adds depth as movement as well.

Linda Mac said...

This piece shows great movement. Nice color choices too. Good choice for this challenge.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Deborah....lots of movement and dimensionality in this piece. I love the traditional done in a contemporary way like this. Nicely done!
Cynthia

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Amazing how you can get such movement out of squares, very nice.