Monday, May 09, 2011

Feather Your Nest

This is the revisit of this challenge. Finished quickly. this idea flashed through my mind exactly when
I saw the work of Mr. Goldsworthy. I had been playing around with the nest concept for years and have many "Nest" pieces. I love the space and the patterns of nests. Vessels to hold babes or ideas. This piece is random and planned at the same time. It was so much fun. Hopefully the three little ideas hatch with as much ease as their home was constructed. Thanks for the challenge.

2 comments:

Pam Harris said...

To me, your quilt is simple and complex. Feather quilting really adds to the piece. Nice shading on the nesting materials.

Unknown said...

Love the colors and the abstract nest approach! The feathers do indeed add to the all over nature of this piece. I really llike the hints of purple, red, yellow, etc. in this, the move my eye around the quilt and the eggs are definitely the focal point for me.