Saturday, October 29, 2011

Palmetto Moon

I knew when I read this challenge that I really wanted to do this one. I'm leaving Tuesday on a trip so I knew I wouldn't have time to make this up in fabric. However, this is a project where you can, at least, make the cut out and design.

I started playing with some free form designs but soon came up with the idea to make SC's state logo. A palmetto tree with a crescent moon. It took me about four tries to get it to this stage.

I have the white freezer paper pattern ironed to a black fabric. I like this and will eventually turn it into a quilt

2 comments:

:Diane said...

I think it would be great with some batik fabrics. Great start and a good idea.

Diane - yarngoddess

Wendy said...

Marilyn.... both versions work! As you can see, you get a totally different image with the positive image vs the negative. Have a great trip and let us know how the quilt turns out.