I began with a background of painted fabric with a border, and fused some roughly cut fabric for the grass and stems. Then I added lots of my fused flowers and leaves, and quilted everything using clear thread. A sparkly pink ladybug and a couple dragonflies were also added (reminds me of my mom telling of my presenting her with a wasp that I had caught at the age of 3....). I topped all that off with some single hole plastic button-like flowers. I also added pearl beads as centers to the plastic flowers and some of the fabric flowers.
Keeping with my child-like theme, I decided to glue the bugs and beads onto the quilt with a strong glue instead of stitching them on by hand... The photo to the left is a detail shot showing the abundance of flowers a bit closer.