Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Devil in Her Heart

I chose The Devil in Her Heart as my inspiration. This was made on a 12x12" piece of thin plywood. I used fabric, magazine photos, colored pencils and markers. The words I used on it are little sections of the lyrics to go with the images I chose. Basically the fortune teller is trying to tell the man that the woman is no good and will hurt him, he is denying it and saying she's an angel and mentioning the things he likes best. I don't have the proper equipment to use with collage yet, specifically a brayer, fingers don't work well smoothing out photos from magazines so I have wrinkles, but I enjoyed making this anyway!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wondering if anyone can tell which parts are fabric?

Unknown said...

A very nice collage effect. I am drawn to the eyes at the top. I am guessing that the black silhoutte is fabric, but from there I don't know.

Jan said...

Nice collage, fabric or not.

Meena said...

Love the materials you used in the collage.
Looks great!

fastfriday said...

wonderful collage. Great images. Fun, fun, fun.

Pat Havey

Pam Harris said...

Great collage that makes a statement. I bet he does not heed her advice. Great pic/fabric of the fortune teller. Fun piece and good job on meeting the challenge.

Susan Ward said...

This is great, very creative:)