Friday, August 03, 2012

FLOWER!

This was just the challenge I needed to take a break and create something just for fun :)

I've chosen the style of one of my favourite artistic movement: Futurism.
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurism )
Flowers are not futurist theme so I've used them trying to add to the composition a sense of speed and using letters that floats free.

Technique: This is a white wholecloth I painted with paintstiks using the technique of masks. Then I've added freehand machine quilting.

Thanks for your comments :)

11 comments:

ann said...

Really wonderful! Very crisp and clean, yet it does have a sense of speed.

Sharon Robinson said...

Wonderful! I think you've really captured the sense of Futurism.

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful piece! I really like the color choices and the use of letters. Your quilting really adds lots more movement to the piece.

Jan said...

Wow! This is a very vibrant piece and your quilting really makes it a powerful piece. Great job!

Silvia "OrkaLoca" Dell'Aere said...

Thank you so much for your comments! Speed is not easy to render and I'm happy you think I'm successful :)

Pam Harris said...

Wow! I think you were very successful! Very nice piece and good choice of colors.

Cherie in Del Mar said...

This is fantastic Silvia! I have never heard of Futurism before. I'll have to look into it. You have most certainly conveyed 'speed'! Wonderful piece!
Cherie

Meena said...

Great text,love the colors!

Silvia "OrkaLoca" Dell'Aere said...

Thank you Pam, Cherie and Meena :)
I'm happy you liked it :)

fastfriday said...

Very power packed and expresses speed beautifully. Great quilting. It is a real WOW.

Pat Havey

Silvia "OrkaLoca" Dell'Aere said...

Oh WOW thank you very much Pat!