Here's my unfinished piece. I had it together and ready to quilt on Saturday....and went to bed. Sunday, we went to visit my daughter at Ohio University for her birthday....and when I went to finish it today, I broke three needles. I think my timing on my sewing machine is off kilter, and since I spent the whole day on Wednesday of last week trying to drop my other machine off to get the tension fixed...well...I'm without a sewing machine right now.
The blue line shows the sinus rhythm of a an ekg done in perle cotton by bobbin work. The roping you can see is used for the veins and arteries. I hand embroidered the veins on the heart, and machine appliqued and then stuffed the various parts of the heart. The sad thing is that the background is drapery fabric which needed stabilizing,. So...before I appliqued it, I ironed decor bond on the back of it...bad decision. My hands being not normal (meaning, affected by some drugs I'm on) , I couldn't needle the applique...so I ended up doing it by machine.
Not quite how I envisioned it...but..almost done. The tape around the edges is to tell me when I have to stop quilting as enveloped this.