Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Nine Patch in White

Nine Patch in White
Framed 12" X 12"
 
I am really enjoying exploring the ways that texture and depth can be explored.  Besides the raised nine patches, I have used fringed selvages, cording, and decorative trim.


Texture View
 
I double batted the squares so that they would stand out.  I also used cording, selvage fringe, and decorative trim.  All of the fabrics are full of texture.  This is a darkened version to show the texture.  I pulled threads in the center square to create the pattern.

3 comments:

FoulkeArt said...

The subtle color palette, combined with the textured trim, is very effective. This is a nice piece!

Cherie in Del Mar said...

I love the wonderfully tactile effect of all your white on white textures Ann. Nice work!
Cherie

Cay Denise said...

Ann, I like the raised effect of the nine-patch, and the color palette works well for this piece.