Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Winter Ditch





Here is the full view, followed by two close-ups

This is my impression of a dried grasses in a snow filled winter ditch.  I started with white fabric and added colour using coloured pencils, because snow is very rarely seen as pure white.. The actual FMQ'g was done with three different colours of thread.  I used one of my own photos as inspiration.  I have been fascinated with the effect of wind and water, on snow and sand, for years and collect photos whenever I can.  Comments are welcome.
Pat f in Winnipeg

4 comments:

FoulkeArt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FoulkeArt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FoulkeArt said...

Wonderful piece! Lovely colors, very effective quilting. The simplicity makes it seem like a very still snowscape.

Meena said...

Great job. Love the quilting lines, too!