Sunday, May 06, 2007

World Windows


Better late than never.... between work and a solo show last week, it was today before I even got back to this!
My inspiration pictures were all of buildings and as I sketched, I realized that everything that caught my eye was a window. One of my favorite images was a sunset over Anchorage AK, taken last fall. The sun seemed to reflect a myriad of colors on the window panes of the Alaskan city. I layered handdyes, and overlaid them with couched silk fiber. I plan to wash this a few times to get the raw edges to fray.

3 comments:

Monty Wilson said...

Wow. I love this piece! I love the bright colors and the composition. It will be interesting to see how different it will look with frayed edges.

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Wendy, wonderful piece! Sort of bauhaus goes to the southwest with the shape and colors. You should definitely put this one in your next show...it's fabulous! I like that the background is that blackened blue-green....it has alot of depth and allows the windows to really pop.
Cynthia

brendaj said...

Hi Wendy,
This one is stunning. Fantastic use of color. Great job.

Brenda