Thursday, May 01, 2008
I've finished my piece - Shirt off my back.
Actually one of the hardest parts of this challenge was to find the denim - just did a goodwill drop - most of jeans go to garden work pants - then none were ready to be given up to the challenge. I did find the denim shirt that had been hanging up looking for a patch in the back for about 4 years at least. I was trying to get a stripped shirt but my husband wouldn't admit that any needed to be tossed. Of course yesterday I put on one of my stripped shirts and saw a huge stain.
I used my orange scraps for the square and kept sewing - I didn't expect it to be so large - finished size is 27x24. It's quilted in an orange variegated thread.
In Sunny Seattle