Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Pennants



Early for a change...

This challenge fit in with another project I needed to finish this week. A swap of fall pennants. The photo shows one face up and one face down. I began with a triangle and cut oak leaves out of the side. The applique fabric was backed in MistyFuse and I switched the oak leaves from one side to the other so that the fusing worked.

The applique fabric was rusted and I had a really hard time sewing on it. Had to help my machine push through it once or twice.

Now I see a face in the triangle and I want to try an even more figurative Notan just for fun. Thanks for the challenge, it was excellent timing for me.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Great start... I'm glad to see folks using other shapes to play! It will be fun to see where Notan takes you.