Friday, November 04, 2011
This must be a first. Nearly on time. I cut several experimental Notan images, most of them symmetrical. Then I decided to try something more representational and asymmetrical. This is the one I decided to try in fabric. There is something I like about it, but think it lacks balance. I have uploaded two views, the smaller one is rotated 90 degrees right.
I liked this challenge so much, that I am going to take the idea of paper cutting positive and negative shapes to my guild for a fun activity at our next meeting.
I am eager to do some more. This is such a welcome break from my usual work. Much more immediate gratification. I say that, but I did take the time to applique the shapes, fused and stitched.